CAT Exam 2022 Registration, Application Form, Exam Date, Eligibility, Syllabus by iimcat.ac.in
CAT is also called the Common Admission Test. CAT Exam 2022 dates are announced officially, It will be held on 27 November 2022 and the last date to apply is 14 September 2022. Keep reading to know all about CAT Exam, Syllabus, Eligibility Criteria, Important Dates, and Application Details only on GK Publications. You can also get CAT Preparation Guide, and Previous Years Old Solved Papers by GKP.
What is CAT Exam and Why take it?
CAT is a national-level management exam and one of the important MBA entrance exams for MBA/PGP admissions for all the top MBA colleges.
The test consists of three sections: Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension, Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning, and Quantitative Ability. This examination is conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) on a rotational basis.
As of now most of the candidates have completed the CAT 2022 registration but if you haven't then don't wait and register before 14th September.
Latest CAT Exam Notification & Updates:
CAT Registration fees have increased this year. The application fee for the general category candidates is Rs 2,300, while Rs 1,150 for the reserved category. CAT 2022 will be held on November 27, candidates can download the admit card on October 27, 2022.
CAT application process is closing at 5 PM on September 14, 2022. Going by the historical data, the last date to apply for CAT 2022 may be extended by four-five days after the first closing date of September 14.
As per the official notification, CAT exam is scheduled in 3 slots- forenoon (8:30 to 10:30 AM), afternoon (12:30 to 2:30 PM), and evening (4:30 to 6:30 PM).
CAT Exam Eligibility Criteria 2022:
As per CAT Official, 2022 Eligibility Criteria announced on iimcat.ac.in are as follows.
- ✔️ Graduation: It is mandatory to have a bachelor's degree or its equivalent in any discipline from a recognized university.
- ✔️ Minimum Marks: Candidates must have scored at least 50% in graduation. For reserved category candidates, the minimum aggregate marks are 45%.
- ✔️ Age: There are no upper age limit criteria to appear for CAT 2022.
- ✔️ Final Year Students: Final year students can also apply for the exam, however, they will be given admission only if they meet the minimum marks criteria of 50% (40% for SC/ ST/ PwD) after graduation. Furthermore, those who have completed their final examination and are awaiting results can also apply.
- ✔️ Professional Degrees: Candidates with CA/CS/ICWA degrees are also eligible to fill CAT application form.
- ✔️ Number of Attempts: There is no limit on the number of attempts for CAT exam.
How to Register for CAT 2022: Registration Process
CAT Official Registration Direct Link: CAT 2022 Login
Watch here the official video guide for CAT 2022 Registration.
CAT Login 2022 and password are generated after the basic registration for CAT exam is completed. To generate CAT login details, eligible candidates need to visit iimcat.ac.in and fill in the basic registration details like name, number, gender, nationality, date of birth, email id, etc. and submit the form.
The generated CAT login details are displayed on the screen and also sent to the registered email id of the candidate. CAT Login user id is a unique 8-digit number and CAT login password is a 7-digit number.
Here you can also use these details to complete the application form, make form corrections, download admit card, answer key, and result.
CAT 2022 Exam Pattern and Syllabus:
CAT exam pattern was revised in 2021 by IIM Ahmedabad and these changes are expected to continue for CAT 2022 exam as well. So, as per CAT Exam Pattern 2022, the question paper will be divided into 3 sections having a total of 66 questions.
- ✔️ Mode of Exam: CAT 2022 will be conducted in online CBT mode at 438+ test centers located across 158+ major cities of India.
- ✔️ Medium of CAT Exam: It is conducted only in the English language.
- ✔️ CAT Exam Duration: 120 minutes for the entire paper
- ✔️ Sectional Time Limit: 40 minutes for each of the 3 sections.
- ✔️ Type of Questions: MCQs and TITA-type questions
- ✔️ Number of Questions: 66 questions (70-75% MCQs and 25-30% TITA-type questions)
- ✔️ Number of Sections: 3 sections- Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VARC), Quantitative Aptitude (QA), and Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR).
- ✔️ CAT Marking Scheme: 3 marks are awarded for every correct answer and 1 mark is deducted for every wrong answer. No negative marking for TITA-type questions.
CAT Books & Guides for Preparation by GK Publications:
One of the most important topics that every CAT aspirant wonders about is finding a relevant booklist for CAT Preparation. With the advent of the internet, there is a huge amount of information available and yet the credibility of the sources has come into question.
That is why we have prepared a list of Recommended books for CAT Preparation below:
- ✅ CAT 2022 : 32 Years' Topic-Wise & Year-Wise Solved Papers 1990-2021
- ✅ CAT 2022 : Booster Test Series - 15 Mock Tests (Questions, Answers & Explanations)
- ✅ CAT 2022 : Quantitative Aptitude by Career Launcher
- ✅ CAT 2022 : Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning by Career Launcher
- ✅ CAT 2022 : Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension by Career Launcher